Bacon, Apple, Sweet Potato Hash
When we eliminated most of the grains from our diet, Jake and I had to make some adjustments. Breakfast is a very important meal in our house and Jake was use to a full bowl of oats, so we had a big piece of the plate to fill! Through our searching, we can across this easy breakfast hash. Yes it does take some time to make but it usually lasts my hungry husband a week with enough to share with the dog for a healthier treat. Scheduled prep is the key to healthy eating!
What you need:
2 Organic Granny Smith Apples
3 Medium Organic Sweet Potatoes
1 lb Organic, Nitrate-free Bacon
And that’s it!
Here’s what you do:
2. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1/4″ pieces
3. Peel green apples and cut into 1/4″ pieces
4. Cook bacon in a large pan with sides or an electric griddle
5. Add sweet potatoes to bacon and bacon grease
6. Season with 1 T cinnamon and 1 t salt
7. Cook sweet potatoes until fork tender
8. Add apples and cook for 2-3 minutes
9. Eat up!
P.S. This hash goes perfect with eggs and is part of this complete anti-inflammatory breakfast!
Did you like this blog post? If so, click the social buttons below and share it with your friends. Make sure to also check out other blog posts to keep your momentum headed in a healthier direction!